Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We are used to rainy Spring weather in the Pacific Northwest, but this Spring has been unusually cold. I can handle the rain, but it has been just too uncomfortably cold to spend the amount of time I would like in the garden. Thank goodness for big windows where I can enjoy the changing scene from inside the house with a hot cup of tea.

Hostas have emerged into their full glory and the garden is now full of lush green foliage. H. 'Regal Splendor' looks grand in a large clump.



Some early peonies like 'Sidney' have already bloomed and others will soon begin to pop open like P. 'Pageant' whose buds are showing lots of color. I am anticipating that they will begin opening with the arrival of a warm sunny day.

















Large flowered clematis are beginning to bloom. C. 'Pink Champagne' had two beautiful flowers open today.

The weather is supposed to begin warming up tomorrow, but today was still cool and rainy.

I'm looking forward to the sunshine and warmer temperature forecast for tomorrow.

Gail

1 comment:

Garden Time said...

your garden looks great! do you have time to get together with the Garden Time crew? Drop me a line and let me know...
Jeffyg
Garden Time